Hot-Smoked Salmon Salad
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
250g new potatoes, halved. Jon suggests tri-colour mixed if available
100g bundle of asparagus
125g bag mixed spring salad leaves
½ bunch of parsley, cleaned and roughly chopped
½ bunch mint, cleaned and roughly chopped
½ bunch fresh cilantro (optional)
4 red radishes, thinly sliced
4 hot-smoked salmon filets, skinless
2 green onions, sliced diagonally
Fresh chili, lemon & lime dressing
Juice from ½ lime
Juice from ½ lemon
4 ½ TBSP extra virgin olive oil
½ TBSP Dijon or seedy mustard
1 red chili, seeded and finely diced
Coarse sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
1. Break off hard stalks of the asparagus and cut stems in half lengthwise.
2. Boil potatoes in salted water until tender (approx. 8-10 mins), adding the asparagus for the final 2 mins of cooking. Drain and allow to cool.
3. Whisk together (or pulse in a food processor) the salad dressing ingredients and season to taste with the coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
4. In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, asparagus, salad leaves, herbs and radishes. Add 3/4 of the dressing, thoroughly mix through the salad, and then spread the salad over a large platter.
5. Break up the hot-smoked salmon into large pieces, scatter over the top. Sprinkle on the sliced green onions as a garnish. Finish by drizzling remaining dressing over the top.
Note: If hot-smoked salmon is not available, you can grill fresh salmon steaks with barbeque seasoning rub.